Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

September 17

data today: more disinflation (chart from Calculated Risk):


to see how much energy prices are contributing to CPI, see EconomicpicData, here.

another chart, this time on how Canada's housing market measures up:

from trendlines.ca


Taxing my patience. Dan Gross, Slate.
5 points to keep in mind as Congress debates the Bush tax cuts.
all the points are good, but the 4th is my favourite, followed by the first half of the 3rd point


for more on the "debate" about the Bush tax cuts, see The tax-cut racket. Paul Krugman, NYT.

America the poor. Robert de Neufville, BigThink.
according to the Census Bureau, a shocking 20.7% of all children in America lived below the poverty line in 2009


quote of the day:

I am not a Democrat, because I have no idea what their economic policies are; And I am not a Republican, because I know precisely what their economic policies are.

Barry Ritholtz.

No comments: